Jackie “Jack” Jackson
“Full Bird” Colonel
- Flew more than 600 combat missions; 40 earned military medals including 33 Air Medals, 4 Distinguished Flying Crosses and the Navy Commendation Medal for Valor and Heroism.
- Shot down while co-piloting a rescue helicopter … and returned to the combat zone to rescue a fellow marine.
- Piloted the “hoovering” Harrier jet aircraft 5,000 hours, more than any other person in history (with its capacity to “park” in mid-air like a helicopter);
- Flew the Harrier in scores of airshows – cumulatively totaling millions of people viewing — in Independence Day celebrations, the VP airshows at the St. Louis Arch, and other locations events and venues throughout many years;
- He describes the joys of flying for Veterans Airlift Command, taking wounded military men & women and their families all over the country … free. Their website about Wounded Warriors: … “They’ve got heart … They need wings!” See veteransairlift.org
Another Story That Matters!